Tax information can be difficult to understand in any language. It can be even more difficult if English is not your first language. The IRS provides a wide range of free products and services on its Spanish language web pages. Visit IRS.gov/espanol to get federal tax help in Spanish.
Here are ten features “en Español” you can find this summer:
1. Get answers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. IRS.gov/espanolis available all day, every day for individuals and businesses. Find answers to many questions such as:
• Do I have to file a tax return?
• What credits or deductions am I eligible to take on my tax return?
• Where can I get free tax help to complete my tax return?
2. Get tax forms and publications. View and download several tax forms and publications in Spanish directly from IRS.gov/espanol.
3. E-file your federal tax return. E-file your 2012 federal income tax return from the comfort of your own home through Oct. 15, 2013. Available in English or Spanish, IRS e-file is fast, easy and safe. There are free e-file options for everyone.
4. Check the status of your tax refund. Check the status of your refund through the online tool “¿Dónde está mi reembolso?” on our secure website.
5. Find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. EITC is a refundable tax credit for people who work but don’t earn a lot of income. Use “Asistente EITC” to find out if you’re eligible for this valuable tax credit.
6. Get help in difficult financial times. The loss of a job, taking part in a debt forgiveness program or tapping into a retirement fund can affect your taxes. Find out what you need to know by visiting “Centro Tributario para Asistir a Contribuyentes Desempleados.” You can also type the keywords “Qué pasa si” into the search box.
7. Get updated information on new tax laws. You can get the most up-to-date information on tax law changes that may apply to you or your business on the IRS.gov website. Just type “Noticias en Español” in the search box.
8. Get up to date at the Multimedia Center. Video tax tips and audio podcasts on various IRS topics are available in English and Spanish. Search using the keywords “Centro Multimediático.”
9. Follow IRS on Twitter. Connect with IRS through social media to get the latest IRS tax news and information “en español” through Twitter@IRSenEspanol.
10. Order a transcript of your tax returns. Order free transcripts en Español online and get them within 5 to 10 business days.